Here is my letter for Mr Hipkins.
Kaiapoi North School,
278 Williams Street,
Kaiapoi, 7630
Tuesday 20th February
Ministry of Education,
Government Buildings,
Wellington.
Dear Mr Hipkins,
My name is Loucee Coutts and I am a year 7 student at Kaiapoi North School.
I hope you dont mind me burdening you with my writing to you about a small but irritating problem about our new
classes. You may have heard that lately Kaiapoi has had very hot weather making it hard to concentrate as we
have no air conditioner.
classes. You may have heard that lately Kaiapoi has had very hot weather making it hard to concentrate as we
have no air conditioner.
We all know that you are awesome at your job and listening to everyone’s opinion. You always try your hardest
to make school’s a better place to get a quality education but if we can’t focus very well on our work if it is hotter
than 26 degrees celcius and we get pounding headaches.
to make school’s a better place to get a quality education but if we can’t focus very well on our work if it is hotter
than 26 degrees celcius and we get pounding headaches.
Our classes are most grateful for our spectacular new classrooms but during hot days there are many, many
sandflies and mosquitos it’s not funny. We are getting bitten left, right and centre. I mean I am even itching a
couple right now as I’m writing to you. At night we are itching a lot causing us to lose sleep.
Getting an excellent nights sleep is vital for a good education. We need an education to be even eligible for
our aspired career.
sandflies and mosquitos it’s not funny. We are getting bitten left, right and centre. I mean I am even itching a
couple right now as I’m writing to you. At night we are itching a lot causing us to lose sleep.
Getting an excellent nights sleep is vital for a good education. We need an education to be even eligible for
our aspired career.
When it gets to hot our bodies emit an odour of the sorts, this odour comes with sweat. As we sweat our cotton
uniform stick on us like glue. We are constantly attempting and failing to un-stick our t-shirts and pants from our
sticky skin therefore making it hard for us to concentrate on our work. Also our classes smell putrid by the end of
the day.
uniform stick on us like glue. We are constantly attempting and failing to un-stick our t-shirts and pants from our
sticky skin therefore making it hard for us to concentrate on our work. Also our classes smell putrid by the end of
the day.
One of our school values is respect, we cannot respect anyone if we are tired, hot and irritated.
I’m sure the Tiwai classrooms would be most grateful if we were to be allowed the money and the permission to
purchase air conditioners.
purchase air conditioners.
Will you stay true to your word and listen to our voice?
If so then please agree to our request for it would surely help in our lack of behaviour and definetely would impact our learning.
Thank you for reading my letter.
Yours Sincerely,
Loucee Coutts.
No comments:
Post a Comment