Search This Blog

Tuesday, 10 April 2018

Loucee's Camp Reflection

WAINUI CAMP, 2018
What is your best memory of Tōtara camp?
- My best memory of camp is when we did abseiling and when we did the Skits.
I loved abseiling because I felt an immense feeling of ecstasy as I was climbing
up the tree and abseiling
down with the rope.
Blake, Amber and I were the fastest people in our group to get up and down
the 15-meter tree.
It was awesome.

In my humble opinion, I think our skit was ludicrous. Group C's skit was about us in an archery lesson when one of our group members accidentally stumbled whilst holding the arrow and going to shoot. I was standing in the green zone behind this person waiting for my turn with the bow and arrows. In that time I was concussed and Mrs. Hunter came and told of Jaiden for 'Killing me'. Throughout this, I was laughing and not meant to be. I Quickly jumped up and shouted "Don't Worry I'm not dead! it's not like I didn't come without protection.
What challenged you on camp and how did you get through this challenge?
- I was challenged with Abseiling because I thought I was going to fall and hurt myself.
I also couldn't reach one of the grips to get up the tree but I tried to pull myself up and
managed to reach the grip.
How did you show Active Listening on camp and why was it important?
- I showed active listening at camp by listening to all instructions and attempting to do
all the camp activities the way they showed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment